Tuesday, May 8, 2012

She said WHAT?

Hannah has been on a comedic roll lately. Everything she says and does cracks me up (which by the way...she thinks "cracks me up" is a game we play where we both hold on to an item and when the other person lets go and lets the other person fall down they have been "Cracked Up")

Yesterday in a sly way she came up and asked "Mommy, how much do you love me." She wasn't asking in a sweet way. She seriously wanted something from me and was trying to manipulate me.

Yesterday she was playing with a little boy and when he touched her hair a meltdown ensued. "KRUZ RUINED MY PRINCESS HAIR FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!" Oh boy. I pretended to fix it and disaster was averted.

This morning while I was taking a shower Paige was in the bathroom pounding on the glass screaming (It weirds her out that she can see me but can't reach me so she HATES it when I shower). I called Hannah to ask her to help her sister. Hannah came in and knelt by her SCREAMING sister. Putting her arm around her she sang "Reverence is more than just quietly sitting, it's thinking of Father above..."

I have a habit of singing made up songs to my kids. Today I was singing to the tune of Frarashaka "Time for nappy time for nappy N-A-P N-A-P" without missing a beat Hannah started singing the chorus "No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no."

Hannah keeps talking about marrying her friend Tayden. We keep telling her it's best to be friends first and not think about getting married. Out of frustration one day I told her she couldn't marry Tayden and she said "Fine I'll marry Caleb. He's bigger than Tayden and he doesn't hit me." Alright.

She loves the Smile song (If you chance to meet a frown do not let it stay, quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away). So she's incorporated the phrase "if you chance to" in her daily vocabulary. "Mommy, if you chance to give me a cup?" I don't even know what she thinks it means, but it's cute. Now that I think about it, Adam and I will often say "When you get a chance, would you mind...." mystery solved.

No comments: