Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy 29th Birthday!


I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Adam!

I love this guy with all my heart! He is such a great husband and father! I thought I'd take a page out of Rosalie's blog and list ten "fun facts" You might not know about Adam.

1) He is hilarious. He cracks me up on a daily basis, saying things so out of the blue that I can't help myself. It doesn't come in handy when we are in the middle of an argument but he knows how to get me to laugh every day. Today he asked me what time "Make Day" started (referring to Super Saturday). It is one of the reasons why I chose him to be with for eternity.

2) He is passionate about technology. I hear daily updates from the technology world and Adam gets so into the latest gadgets that I can't keep up with what he is telling me. He built his first computer in 6th grade.

3) If he is ever around an Australian accent he starts speaking in one inadvertently and ever so slightly, it is very cute. I can't wait for Sean to get back.

4) He is addicted to school and hates when he is not in pursuit of some degree or another. He'll complete his second masters degree in August of 2011 and one day wants to fill an office wall with all his degrees (including his seminary graduation degree lol.)

5) He is a great reader, and enjoys both non fiction and fiction. We don't always have the same taste in literature but it is fun to read together.

6) He has a lot of faith and has taught me a lot about the gospel. Whenever I worry about anything he always reassures me that everything will turn out as it is supposed to and helps me to carry on, carry on, carry on. Another reason why I chose him.

7) He is very humble and is the first to admit when he is wrong. Although he often jumps to conclusions quickly, he forms opinions based on research. He used to think the Harry Potter series was "stupid" so he read it for himself to find out that he was incorrect in his assumptions. He used to think that "Twilight is Gay" and so he read it and came to the conclusion that it was "still gay" but he can understand why I would enjoy it.

8) He is wise beyond his years. When he was five he got the chicken pox and his parents said he could have anything he wanted. "Even a G.I. Joe?" he asked. His parents said they would give him a G.I. Joe if he asked but he knew that they were hurting for money so he didn't ask. Also, when I was in college I was playing cards with a room mate and was kicking her trash. Adam pulled me aside and told me I should give her a break because she really needed one as she really didn't have any friends. What a nice guy!

9) He was adopted, he had cancer, and he can wiggle his ears. Each of these three things was something I find absolutely fascinating.

10) When he found out we were having a girl, he was very VERY disappointed. He was looking forward to his boy. Now he says he wants a family full of girls and can do without a boy. He loves his girl and is one of the best, most loving, fathers I've ever seen. He is the best thing I could give my children.

I love you Adam and I hope you have a wonderful birthday--your LAST in your twenties!

2 comments:

Bea said...

Happy Birthday Adam.
Next one is the BIG one ;o)

Lesley said...

I hope Adam had a wonderful birthday. I love the picture of Daddy and daughter :-)

PS the "Twilight" comment made me LOL
PPS I'm not a "Twilight" fan :-(