Thursday, September 16, 2010

Book Review: Paranormalcy

I first heard about Paranormalcy at book club. The author happens to be a friend of a friend who raved about her work and turned me on to her blog. Her blog is hilarious. I had waited for many months to get the book after following her publishing process.

Overall I really liked the book. It debuted at #7 on the New York Times Bestseller list and the movie rights have already been sold. I did find that it was kind of young for me (and I LOVE YA books). The main character sometimes annoyed me (example: her best friend dies in her arms and the next day she is wondering what her love interest thinks about her hairy legs) but the writing is superb. She is able to capture voice perfectly. Her style is so tight and clean. I found myself engrossed with the plot, wondering what was coming next.

I profiled her on my mommy blog and she even gave me an interview! Check it out!

I would recommend this book for teens. I would say it is not one of the YA books that cross into adult bookshelves much like say, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games Trilogy, or Twilight...but it is a fun, fast read and I enjoyed it. I even bought it for Megan's Birthday!

No comments: