Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Week in the Life {9/2-9/8}

Happy Birthday Paigey!

On Monday Paige turned two years old. I can't believe how the time has flown. She is an amazing little girl. I love her so so much. Paige is a really special person. She has so much joy to share. She loves her sister and especially loves her Grandma. She was really lucky to have her Grandma in Las Vegas for her special day.

We spent the morning celebrating Paigey. She opened her gifts and then we went to the park to eat cupcakes and play. She couldn't get enough cupcakes. She loved playing with her aunts and uncles and grandparents. It was sad to say goodbye but we had a really fun weekend with them.

Tuesday the girls were supposed to start soccer but we arrived an hour late. Way to go, Mommy. I seriously thought it started at 7:00. Next time we'll be there on time.

I also rescued a desert tortoise on Tuesday. We were coming home from library story time and as I turned into our neighborhood I saw a tiny tortoise crossing the street and I almost hit her. I stopped right there and hopped out, picking her up and then driving with her in my hand. My intention was to rescue her and then call the desert tortoise line. A person would come out and pick it up and take it to a shelter (since they are endangered) but apparently funding has been cut for the program and so it was either take them to a shelter (where it would be killed) or set it loose in the desert. I was going to opt for the second choice but as soon as Adam saw it he wanted to keep her. She is pretty cute and I do like her a lot. She is nameless. Paige especially adores her, as she is my little animal queen.

Speaking of Paige, it's been a big week for her. I decided to start potty training her. She did an excellent job, even going two days with no accidents, but she's had a really difficult day today, having nothing but accidents so I decided to put it off. My experience with Hannah was such a nightmare that I decided it was best to quit on day 5 than month five so she is back in diapers.

Wednesday I had an orientation for Hannah's Let's Play Music class. It's a three year program of music instruction and we are both very excited for it. It's taught by a cute lady in our ward. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Hannah has been doing excellent in preschool and I'm really proud of her. She is getting great behavior marks every day and already I can tell she is growing. I'm grateful for her preschool opportunity.

No comments: