Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Week in the Life {1/7-1/13}

This week was a blur to me.

Paige gets cuter and cuter every day. I got to spend some time with her while Adam and Hannah went to the doctor on Saturday. She is always a wonderful person, but when she is one on one she seems to shine. I noticed a couple times this week that she needed her mommy and nobody else, that a cuddle and a kiss and a little personal attention would make everything all better. She is the best dancer. Have I said that before? She also is a great singer and tries to mimic the song every time she hears one. Have I mentioned before that she loves apples? She often begs (hands together) for "Apple please?" This week she brought me a fresh onion from the pantry and asked "Apple please?" I saved her from chomping into a raw onion, although she may not have been phased. Unfortunately she had her first time out this week, after she bit me because she wanted to play with the ipod which is very much against the rules. She was pretty devastated and embarrassed  She was also very sorry.

Hannah has been so excited about being a big primary girl. She uses her new status to gauge what she can and cannot do. "I can't do that, I'm a big primary girl, I'm not a baby..." she'll say. She has been sick this week and now is on a steroid. Last time this happened we had a major tough week as she was out of control on the hyper/silly scale. I have to remind myself that it's only until Wednesday and she can't really control her body and actions as she normally does. The girls and I made brownies this week together. I love doing things with my girls. Hannah also went back to preschool. They are learning new letters. I want to really work on writing letters in the next several months. She earns a dollar for every letter she can write upper and lower case and when she has 26 dollars we can go to the store and pick something out. We went to the park this week and to the library. Hannah really enjoys playing with older girls and she is really into Lalaloopsy so she played with Bryn Leedom and got Lalaloopsy books.

I started a post baby boot camp for my friends this week. I've now done it an entire week and really enjoyed it! I've gotten several comments from people like "my abs are thinking about you this morning." I think people are getting motivated--I know I am. I read the book Edenbrooke: A Proper Romance, set in the Regency period and thought it was very cute. It was a little fluffy but I still enjoyed it.  I spent a lot of the week preparing my  Relief Society lesson (Learning by Faith--Lorenzo Snow). We had a fireside tonight in Relief Society, which truthfully opened up some doors to anxiety. They had three guest speakers. The first had lost her husband due to suicide, the second lost her mother to the same thing (and 9 months later her six year old son was diagnosed with cancer), and the third had lost her baby. Everyone kept talking about how we all go through really hard trials, and honestly, I don't feel like I've had any soul crushing trials in my life. I kind of feel like I'm in for quite the storm eventually, which is not really the point, but I feel like I have "mourned with those that mourn" quite a lot lately. I watch the people around me go through really difficult things and it scares me that one day I may have to face something equally tragic. Sitting at the fireside gave me an intense head ache and stomach ache and I felt like leaving but it was so intimate and I couldn't get up. I know it's irrational but I just thought it was a little too much for me to handle tonight. This week,  I also came across a talk that Dieter Uchtdorf gave to the priesthood brethren and came across these two quotes:
"There are times when we have to step into the darkness in faith, confidant that God will place solid ground beneath our feet once we do."   

"Guided by the Holy Spirit, we will learn from our mistakes. If we stumble, we will rise. If we falter, we will go on. We will never waver; we will never give up."


I really liked those and I've been thinking about it a lot. I guess that is really the point and I just need to have faith and trust in the Lord's plan for me. 


Adam was the one who finally got us all to the doctor and hopefully we'll all stop coughing and feel better soon. This time of year is quite a crazy time as far as health and strength for everyone goes. Thanks to Adam, I hope we all feel better soon! Adam and I have been trying to read the gospel doctrine lesson before Sunday and I really enjoy that time with my husband. It's kind of nice to have those gospel discussions away from our children. He has great insight. This week I made a soup we were both kind of disappointed in. He was super supportive though and pretended to like it. When I told him I was sorry he said "Don't apologize! You did a great job and it's not your fault." I also learned something new about my husband this week. He is an amazing listener when you need something to change. He always listens to perspectives, and then ponders those things in his heart and tries to change things. He is also very open to other perspectives and I really appreciate that about him. I'm a lucky girl to have such a great guy. 


I'm going to go ahead and post this now, since my camera is nowhere in sight. I'll add pictures later when I'm thinking of it! 


No comments: