Monday, August 23, 2010

Book Review: If I Stay

I read this book in a matter of hours. Another YA book that forces you to think about life in a different way. I found myself asking what I would chose. If I would stay in a broken body, as an orphan having lost everything important to me. It blew me away.

From Goodreads:

Mia is a young woman who has dreams of becoming a great musician. Life is wonderful---she has cool parents, an adorable little brother, a great BFF and the most loving boyfriend a girl could ever ask for. Adam sings in a band that is becoming very popular, the girls are always flocking around him, but he has eyes only for Mia. Life can't get any better than that, can it? Yes, it can. Mia is on her way to Julliard and if she gets accepted, she is going to have to make some really tough choices about her future with Adam.

Suddenly everything changes. Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Have I told you recently how much I love your blog?! I am making a list of your book suggestions; our book club makes a new list every Dec. and you can bet there will be several "Melissa Picks" on the new year's list.

Thanks for posting your reviews, I always look forward to reading your blog!