Sunday, August 30, 2009

Update:

What a crazy month!

So I started my internship as a student teacher this week. It was probably the hardest week of my life. I explained to Adam that the reason it was so hard is because I am being hit physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I am waking up almost every night with Hannah needing me, and then I have to be up by six to be at the school by 7:30 and then I have to have enough energy to perform my daily duties at the school then I come home at 4:00 and have my mommy duties...with homework on top of that. By the time 9:00 rolls around I am exhausted and I crash. So physically I'm worked to the bone. Thankfully I have such a supportive husband who is willing to take on more than his fair share of housework and daddy duties.

Mentally I'm also exhausted. I am constantly thinking of Hannah at school and at home I'm stressing about school. I'm split in half!

Emotionally I was not ready to leave my three week old baby and return to school. I know it is the best thing for her but it was hard. Maternity leave is supposed to be at least 6 weeks in Nevada but you don't get to have maternity leave when you elect to finish your degree three weeks after birth :(

So it has been a stressful week. It has also been a great opportunity to learn A LOT about myself as a person. I am grateful for this opportunity. I think I will be better for it.

Adam is learning he is anxious to go back to school and get back into a routine. He has 32 kids in his class and already has a parent calling to complain that 4th grade is too easy for her daughter and possibly to try and get his sub fired. Too bad she is AWESOME!!!

We were called to primary. We are tam teaching 11-12 year old girls. It should be awesome.

No comments: