Friday, August 28, 2009

One Month Old!






Today miss Hannah Elizabeth had her one month check up with Dr. Dani. She is 21 inches long and 11 pounds 6 oz. In other words- she is one curvy lady!

Here is a conversation between Adam and Dr. D:

Doc: How many ounces does she drink
Adam: About 6
Doc: No really
Adam: Yeah...6 oz...if not she gets fussy
Doc: You seem like the kind of person who jokes around and I don't want to put six ounces in the computer and hear you say you are joking
Adam: Yeah I'm serious

She was in the 95th percentile today (around 50th at birth).

She is sleeping longer hours at night and she is big enough that I don't feel like I'm going to crush her so sometimes I pull her into bed with me and we sleep for an hour before I have to run off to student teaching. Hannah loves her hair almost as much as we do...When she is in distress we often find her holding onto her hair with her right hand and sucking on her left hand.

Hannah loves music. Just tonight she was in distress so I put on some Michael Jackson and she listened intently then screamed when the music stopped for three seconds until the next song came on...geez she couldn't wait three seconds! She also loves listening to Jazz and her great-Granpa Marsden's CDs.

Hannah just started the beginnings of real smiles this week. She will be fussing in her bassinet and when we pick her up she gives us the most grateful beautiful expression of happiness!
Hannah doesn't like to be by herself. She likes to be noticed and acknowledged and then she is fine.

Right now our darling is laying next to me on the couch...I can't get enough of this kid! We love her so much!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

She's so dang cute!

BobN said...

A whole month already. It hardly seems possible. Glad everyone is doing well, even if Dr. D. is a bit bewildered.

em said...

Wow, a month HAS gone by fast! Pretty soon she will be a yr. old and you will not even know where the time went! ;)

I think Hannah looks just like you, Melissa, and I can also see a lot of Sean in her! She's such a cutie with all that hair!!

I'm so happy you are both enjoying parenthood! It has been my greatest joy so far in life! ;)

Mrs. Jaybird said...

Her liking the music is common--well, any loud noise, really! If she gets really fussy and/or colicky, I recommend "Happiest Baby on the Block" by Dr. Harvey Karp. It was such a lifesaver for Copeland!

Lesley said...

I love the pictures and can't wait to meet Hannah in person. She's beautiful!!