Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love of a lifetime



I have always loved Valentines day. It is one of my favorite non holidays! I know people get all bitter about it, calling it singles awareness day and complaning that it is a time for couples to flaunt their love, however, no matter if I was single or dating, I always thought it was the most wonderfully romantic day of the year :). The last three years I have been with the most wonderful man in the whole world (although the first year I spent Valentines day far away in Russia, but he still managed to make it special for me).



So this post is dedicated to my eternal Valentine, my sweetheart, my best friend. Here are just a few of the things I love about him...


He absolutly adores me, no matter what I do. I may do things that would make any other person crazy, but with his endless patience, he loves me and rarly loses his temper, although I give him just cause a lot of the time.


His silly humor. Today he gave me a card for Valentines day that was adorable on the front but on the inside, I was suprised to see his Grandma's name crossed out and replaced with his. When I looked at him in a way that only a wife can, he turned it over and said "look,I saved 2.50!" he then pulled the real card out of his pocket and replaced it but it was a great way to start off the day.


His Perserverance. Adam was so excited to graduate last year, however, something was calling him back. I am so proud that he decided to go for his masters degree. He will start his PhD soon after that and I'm so proud of his initiative.


The little moments he spends with me. My new favorite time of day is right before bed where we have a family prayer and mini devotional. It's just great to spend the last few minutes of our busy day together in each others arms in bed talking about the day.


He takes care of me down to the last detail, even making sure that he buys me the right yogurt or tampons. HAHAHA I know thats funny to think of but I'm grateful for someone who is not afraid to buy me tampons.


Like I said, its a very basic list, but I know that Adam was made for me and that I have never loved anyone so completly and honestly in my life. I am grateful for my hubby and I love him more each day. Say what you will....I'm happy

3 comments:

Marie said...

The card thing just screams Adam. That kid can come up with the CRAZIEST jokes and pranks!

neha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
neha said...

just came across ur blog randomly, dont you guys (adam and you) ever fight ?? lol, its all lovey mushy stuff so far !! (cute)