Monday, May 20, 2013

A Week in the Life {May 13-19}

I had a major fail week as far as documenting. It's only Monday and I already feel so behind. Here are things of note:

- Paigey claps every time I understand something she's struggled to communicate with me. It's the cutest thing.
-Hannah had preschool at her house for the last time ever. It was a little heart wrenching and she is almost done with preschool.
-We had five baby chicks stay with us overnight. It was a lot of fun and the girls loved every second. Paige was fearless immediately but it took Hannah a little bit to want to pet or hold them.
-I read the book A Different Blue by Amy Harmon and it blew me out of the water.
- The Office is over and I'm very sad. It was uneven from seasons 5-9 but it ended strong and I was happy to see familiar faces.
-Adam and I went and saw Billy Elliot and that also blew me away. What an amazing musical. Adam said he felt like the whole two hours was like watching the first ten minutes of Up. He had a lump in his throat the whole time.
-I sent my book out into the universe to be edited and I'm taking a step back from it. I'll return to it in about a month for more edits. In the meantime I'm working on a fluffy chick lit novella that I hope to publish via Amazon by my birthday (the other book I hope to have picked up by an actual agent/publisher). It's all very fun.
- I didn't realize we didn't post our April photos so click on the link and let your eyes feast on our crazy April.

Looking forward to seeing my parents this weekend! It will be quite the treat, especially since Adam and I are getting a hotel and having a night to ourselves while the girls play with Grandma and Grandpa. Best.parents.ever.

Don't forget to check out the blog Becominglovely.blospot.com. It's a collaborative blog that empowers women and we have a great group of writers from all around the country and different walks of life.

No comments: