Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful.

Since the season is upon us I need to write a post on the things I am most thankful for.

One year ago tomorrow I found out that Hannah would be joining our family. I didn't know if I would ever feel more grateful or blessed than I did in those first few days but soon it became apparent that each new day brought new blessings and joy that I have never known. Since that moment on November 26th we have had an abundance of blessings poured out. Here are some of this years greatest blessings.

1. Becoming pregnant
2. Having great insurance
3. Zoferan-- I'm especially grateful because as I think about this time I am reminded of that awful part of my pregnancy which included vomiting every 20 minutes if I was not on the medication and only 2-4 times a day when I was on the medicine.
4. The fulfillment of a promise that I would continue to receive a fine formal education.
5. Our trip to NYC which was so much fun and also a bonding experience.
6. Adam's graduation from his first masters program
7. Being able to buy a house--especially at the end there
8. Having a successful pregnancy and a perfect labor/delivery
9. Hannah, Hannah, Hannah.
10. Being able to student teach at Batterman Elementary, having great cohorts and mentor teachers and finally being able to graduate in a few short days!

Those are just the big things. The little blessings that occur every day are also counted and I am grateful for each one of them but if I tried to name them one by one I would be shocked and befuddled (surprised is an understatement) at the love and outpour from the Lord.

Most especially I am grateful to my family and friends who love and support me. The love can be felt all the way from the mountains of Utah through the sludge of sin city right to my doorstep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You gotta be kidding me. Everything you just said, is MY favourite thing to do, every day!