Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kidnapped.


So today I decided to come home for lunch...something I NEVER do but my student teaching friend was out sick so I didn't want to eat alone. I go home and park out front because I was just coming home for a minute and knock on the door...no answer.

Hmmm...I decided to use my key to get in and entered with a "Hello?" I walked upstairs to see Hannah entertaining herself on Addison's bed.

Addison was on his computer with his hood pulled up over his head and headphones on...you know...the big gigantic ones that ensure you can drowned out the sound of anything...like say a crying baby.

I said "umm Hellooooo" and Hannah giggled, delighted to see her mommy. No response from Uncle Addi. So I did the only thing I could...I kidnaped my daugter.

We didn't go far...just downstairs until Addison figured out his client was missing. After ten minutes I started to get concerned. How long had he been on the computer...how long would he be on the computer? My daughter had just been kidnapped and he was playing video games. I let another five minutes pass and decided to text him.

Every once in a awhile I'll text Addison while I'm at school wanting a picture of my little angel. So I texted him "pic?"

It took another few minutes before I finally heard some shuffling upstairs. It sounded like someone was searching for someone or something in the bed area.

I heard him sneaking slowly down the stairs and peak his head around the corner.

Their we sat. Hannah with a big grin on her face (I think she knew we were playing a game on some level) and me looking incredulous.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU SCARED THE HECK OUT OF ME!" Addison shouted as he came down the stairs. "I thought their was an intruder in the house."

I have 8 days and then I don't have to worry about my baby being kidnapped anymore ;)

3 comments:

Mrs. Jaybird said...

I still can't get over this story. SO funny. And I'm glad you'll be able to stay home with your girl soon--it's SO worth it!

Lilian said...

Smart way to handle that. I would have been much less calm toward the Manny.

Unknown said...

Although it was not Addison's finest hour deciding to wear the headphones, we have been incredibly fortunate to have Addison living with us and taking care of Hannah. He genuinely cares about Hannah and will take care of her even when he is off the clock. Addison has done an excellent job caring for Hannah and I have complete confidence in him when I leave for school.