Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baby Hungry

By my own admission I am baby hungry right now. Ever since February 27th when I first held my "nephew" Carson I have this longing, this desperate emptiness inside. I think about becoming a mother every day. Unfortunately there is only one problem...its just not time. I know that the time is coming, I can feel it drawing closer. Sometimes I just wish it would hurry up and get here! I consider myself very lucky to have had these last two years just Adam and me! We've had so much fun together and are learning a lot along the way. I appreciate this time we've had getting to know each other and becoming our own little family, but in the not so distant future we want to add more Turney's to the clan!

I am often reminded however, of how grateful I am that I DON'T have kids right now. This is what makes me realize that there are just a few things I need to do before I move onto the next step. I remember when I got married, I watched friends give up on their goals and I knew some people expected that of me. When I have my children I will be able to tell them that their mother graduated with her Bachelores degree and their father has a Masters degree. I know in the grand sceme of things, these won't matter, but I want my children to be able to be proud of me. I will be able to tell my babies that I've been to 13 countries around the world, and that I've lived in several different places. I have so many goals and asperations for myself and if I can just hold on another year then I'll be able to accomplish those goals before I am so in love with my kids I can't do anything else. For the last three semesters I've been taking 18 credits each time. I've been working 35 hours a week just so I can speed the process along.

For now I'm just enjoying the babies that my friends so graciously share with me :) I love LOVE Carson. He is one of the best babies I've ever known. Mindy never complained during her pregnancy except for one or two phone calls towards the end...I truly believe that because of her endurance she was able to have a perfect child who has been sleeping through the night since day one! OK maybe day five but he's pretty perfect. When he's upset he makes a face and a little bit of noise but once he realizes he's heard he patiently waits for assistance lol. Several other friends of mine have had babies this year, Stephanie Kelsea and Bree all had boys too (in that order). Stephanie has little Ethan, Kelsea has Ty, and Bree decided to kill two birds with one stone and has Harrison and Greyson. My friend Joy is pregnant with what I can only assume is a boy (because everyone else had one) and Amy also had a boy. WHERE ARE ALL THE LITTLE PRINCESSES!

So keep an eye out, coming 2010 lol or sometime thereafter, Somebody Turney will knock your socks off!

1 comment:

Margie said...

It will be a lot of fun for me too when you have a baby. I know how you feel...we waited almost three years for you. I am amazed at how hard you are working too. I am proud of you :)