Wednesday, June 11, 2014

May 2014

Well, it's 4:30PM on the afternoon of May 31st and it appears Samuel isn't going to make an appearance in May. I blame my Grandma and Grandpa Phyllis and Don, who out of more than 50 posterity (including children, in-laws, grandchildren, grandchildren's spouses, and great-grandchildren) there is not one May birthday. Not. One. So I assume Sam just wants to keep tradition going.

Aside from the discouragement I feel at still being pregnant, May was a fantastic month.

On May 2nd, Hannah "graduated" from her first year of Let's Play Music. The students preformed at a recital and did an excellent job. Hannah has such an effervescent personality, and it was extremely evident during the performance. She spoke a line which she mesmerized, played some bells, did a puppet show, danced, and sang. It was darling.

Hannah hit another milestone: we bought her a booster seat, or as she calls it, a Turbo Booster. She can buckle herself in and out for the most part and she LOVES being a big girl. Paige is pretty jealous, but she gets to sit in Hannah's old car seat so it's nice for her to have something new to her of her own.

My closest Vegas girlfriends Sheena, Cori, and Stacey, threw me a shower on May 3rd. It was so much fun, and it made me so grateful to be surrounded by an amazing support system. I sure did miss my family, but I'm grateful to have my Vegas sisters, who have always been there for me. 

Adam went to astrocamp again for the second year in a row. It went much better than last year, despite the fact that I was pregnant. Adam took care to make sure I had meals and that I could rest while he was gone. He also made sure I had a fantastic Mother's Day, and bought me a Harry Potter time turner necklace and Hogwarts House crests bookmarks. He really gets me. 

Adam had knee surgery (arthroscopic surgery for a meniscus tear) to fix an 11 year problem on May 22nd. I was feeling overwhelmed, being 9 months pregnant and achy, not having my usual strength. I was dreading taking care of my children AND my husband, when usually he's been taking care of me, his super pregnant wife. Well, I recorded this experience on Facebook: 

Yesterday I was reading Mathew 6, and when I read verse 30 "Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field...shall he not much more clothe you?" and verse 34, "Take therefore no thought for the morrow; for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself..." I marked it up, and I've been pondering it. 

Between Adam's surgery, day to day life, and the birth of this baby I woke up feeling overwhelmed, but my fears were met with half a dozen friends calling or texting me to bring dinner, watch the girls, and other various services, to alleviate my stress and worry. They are answering my prayers, and I know that my angel friends have truly been sent from God to "clothe" my needs 
so I don't have to "take thought for the morrow."

Adam's surgery went well, though he'll have to do physical therapy, we are just praying that it all works out like it's supposed to. It is a vulnerable thing, sitting in a waiting room with your husband in surgery, even if it was just a minor one. We received dinners all weekend long, and babysitting etc. so that Adam could heal. 

It was so fantastic when my mom showed up! She really is Mary Poppins! She took the girls to the dollar store, to McDonalds, Tykes and Tots, etc. She gave us all pedicures in preparation for the baby, she made us yummy food, including pancakes every morning. It is so wonderful to have a mom like Margie. 











































































No comments: