Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Become Someone...

My Mom is full of little phrases and sayings in her arsenal that are usually ammunition to inspire and teach me about something. This morning I was thinking a lot about something she said to me for the last couple years that applies to me now in another way. "Before you become someones wife, become someone." This inspired me to pursue things like University and Russia, in fact, going to Russia was almost a direct action in response to this council. I went to BYU-I for two years, lived with lots of different roommates, and dated a few different guys, by the time I got married in 2006, I figured that I was ready for marriage. Well I laugh at that now and think, who is ever ready for marriage! Such a huge commitment which results in (hopefully for most) an eternal companion. I feel that I was as ready as I ever could have been and I still stand by that, although not a lot of couples pack up everything and move to a new and foreign state two weeks after the ceremony. Now it is a year and a half later and thoughts of becoming a mother often creep into my brain, especially when I see little kids. I think it is time for that next big preparation step of becoming someone but this time, I am becoming someone before I become someones mother.

In two years I will have my degree. This is something that is very important to me. I've always known I was going to have it and am a little discouraged that I don't yet. This is probably because if I hadn't gone to Russia or gotten married I would have it by now, but I can't even fathom that terrible scenario so I just push it out of my mind and pretend I never said it. But I will have my degree in December 2009. I also want to run a marathon in 2009 (the Ogden, in May) so I am training for that right now, going to the gym several times a week and working hard :). There is another thing I aspire to finish before I become a Mother, but that is a work in process and I will remain hush hush about it until I am able to disclose that information.

So that is my project now, to become someone again before i become someones mother, although as you might have noticed, these goals will be accomplished sometime next year in 2009 so...I'm not that far away :)

2 comments:

Mike and Stacie said...

I like that advice from your mother. I know what you mean about the baby sickness though. I have got it bad.

Mike and Stacie said...

P.S. Your link to my blog is wrong. You have two http// in there. Just thought I'd let you know.