Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hannah Update:

This girl just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Every time she wakes up in the morning or from her nap she has an agenda. I go in to pick her up and before I even reach her crib she has a list of demands such as "Change diaper Mommy," "Get Violet Mommy," or "I eat now Mommy." When I ask her what she wants to eat she ALWAYS says "Pizza." This morning she said "I eat Mommy." I asked what she wanted to eat and she said "breakfast." I asked what she wanted for breakfast and she said "breakfast pizza."

Hannah loves to walk around on her tippy toes. She is going to have some strong calf muscles because she just goes from room to room on her toes. It is too cute!

Hannah loves Youtube and can navigate it on my Ipod. Some of her favorite videos to watch are I am a Child of God, Nursery Rhymes, Gummy Bear, and recently 100 different varieties of Wheels on the Bus.

Hannah also loves to sing together. She knows lots of songs like I am a Child of God, I Love to See the Temple, Families can be Together Forever, ABC's, Elmo's Song, Baby (Justin Bieber), and lots more. At night I tell her we can sing three songs together and she gets to chose. She ALWAYS chooses I am a Child of God and ABC's and then she'll throw in a wild card like Baby, or Row Row Row Your Boat, or even Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast.  Sometimes she get's confused when we sing Baby and she'll sing "Beiber Beiber Beiber oooohhhh."


Hannah loves to watch Dora the Explorer, Elmo (Sesame Street), and Wonder Pets. She also loves to watch Wall.E, Toy Story 3 (still and forever....), and any Princess movie, especially Tangled.

Her favorite activity is to go to the park, especially the water park because she gets to "go swimming." She's getting to be a brave little swimmer. We have to watch her carefully because she likes to randomly put her head under the water and hold her breath. She can do it for about 8 seconds. When she comes up she has a huge "did you see me guys" grin on her face. She also loves to swing a lot. She used to love the slides but now she is a little nervous going down them.

She recently had pneumonia which was scary for us. She was a great trooper though and came through great. Aside from the RSV it was the sickest she's ever been. She's never really had a fever above 101 and it got up to 104! We are grateful for Doctors. We told her we were going to take her to the Dr. and we checked in at reception. Because we'd never been before we had to fill out a bunch of paper work. It took about ten minutes before we could head over to the waiting area. When we did Hannah waved to the receptionists "bye bye doctor." Unfortunately for her it was not over. 

She recently had her first girl playdate with our friend Alaina. Alaina and Hannah are both pretty bossy in nursery together so her mom and I were a little nervous but they LOVED each other. I can't wait for her little sister to arrive because kids can entertain each other like adults can't. For example, Hannah would slam the door in Alaina's face and Alaina would open the door and they would giggle like crazy.

I don't think any kid can travel like Hannah. From the time she was tiny she could go on long 7 hour car drives and not fuss or complain. She keeps herself entertained and happy. She's also been on 16 or 17 plane rides in her short lifetime.











I love this girl. She is so affectionate. She always tells me and Adam that she loves us. She is always saying "Oh I love it," and is always the most positive little thing. She thinks everything is funny, she is not a complainer, she is just the happiest kid on the block!

2 comments:

Bea said...

Sounds like she is fun to be around :o)
What about your efforts with her potty training? just wondered. i think it is still a little early but........

Melissa said...

We are going to attempt potty training again in a couple weeks. Adam says if she fails it's my fault because HE was potty trained at 22 months lol. She gets it, I think she just doesn't want to go in her pretty potty because she will tell us when she needs to go, she'll sit on her potty, but when it's time to go she'll hop up and run away and do it on the floor lol.